Wow – Day 4 on Safari with African Wildcats Expedtions was PACKED with cool sightings! Leopards, Cheetah, Hyena that looked like he’d been through a war, really cool lion and some great Cape Buffalo photo ops!
1. This hyena may have won the war, but clearly lost a battle along the way (and parts of his ear)
Wounded warrior by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
2. In itself, this picture is not extraordinary, but the fact that we reunited a small wildebeest with these guys meant that the little guy was back in the herd and had a chance of survival, now.
Part of "The Herd" by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
3. Rock Hyraxes after a puddle bath
Nothing like a quick puddle bath! by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
4. He walked right up next to the truck! (I could have reached out to pet him – if I didn’t want my hand/arm/body back)
Walking right past us! by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
5. This one made us decide that "Hung like a Horse" is no longer the best term
Right of way by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
6. Disruptive Camouflage
Like a maze of lines by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
King of the Beasts by Brian Hampson, on Flickr
There are so many other amazing things we saw this day. For the full set of pics on Flickr from day 4, just go here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskCVmwpC