The Kiss of Death

25 11 2005

In a sad reminder of the power of allergies, a 15 year old Quebec girl has died after kissing her boyfriend.  The girl had a peanut allergy, and he had eaten peanut butter recently.  That’s all it took.

She had an adrenaline shot administered almost immediately (probably and epi-pen), but she died later in hospital.

I’m allergic to nuts (NOT peanuts – peanuts are relatives of beans and peas – legume family) and here are some of my thoughts:

  1. Be sensitive of the allergies of people around you – particularly food allergies.

  2. If you have allergies, make sure people around you understand your condition, and possible treatment options

  3. Wear a medic alert bracelet or necklace.

  4. This poor boy will now be scarred for life – Probably a first or 2nd girlfriend, and his kiss kills her.  That’s gotta be harsh!

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: