Friends don’t let friends operate computers in acidic environments!

19 08 2005

We recently pulled a PC out of one of the areas of our work because it died.  It’s not too hard to see why:

This is just from sitting near a container that holds HCl regularly.

Above is a close up of the back – you can see the blistering from the corrosion!

And internally, you can see that the cause of death was acute power supply failure, from inhaling too many acid fumes.  Yeeeach 😦

PC’s really need to be kept away from these things, unless it’s a simply a matter of a “business expense” to replace them periodically.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: